I have a friend in America who runs after midnight nearly every night,it was a habit he picked up from being a competitive athlete in his college days. He was doing it one night when an elderly lady , wearing a Grateful Dead T-shirt and smoking a joint and strumming a guitar confronted him as to why he had such a weird habit of running at such a late hour. She said she saw hundreds of runners during the day and the early evening but Brian, was the only runner she saw after midnight. She said she knew she was a little bit weird but Brian didn’t look the sort. So they exchanged their stories as to how they had picked up their strange if not weird habits.
It made me think as to what was my weirdest habit at 66. What I came up with is being known as the chaistro in the Conscious Dance scene in Melbourne , Australia. Several years ago I received a message from my friend Jules that she had a slight emergency and that she had no one to make her chai for Mojo – The dance of Connection. I had made two cups of chai in my life up to that stage but said I would give it a go. Back then I asked our friend Google and the recipe I found sufficed. Two other friends who ran dances asked me later if I would do it for them. One changed my recipe when she asked me graciously “You are not using caffeinated tea in the chai and serving it to my dancers at 10 p.m. are you. Amazingly I had met the co-owner of Rainbow Chai online the week before and Nicole makes one of the best caffeine free chai mixes in the country. This is now my standard base for Rodster’s famous Chai.
So what had construed weird behaviours over the centuries, lets have a look:
- Both words start with W – Amazing!!!
2. Anagrams speak the truth in this case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWALAgvz2U
3. If you have ever read Jabberwocky or The Hunting of the Snark you will know why Lewis Carroll was known as the masterpieces of literary nonsense aka weirdness.
4. One of the worlds most misunderstood muso’s. A creative genius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUq_T_Bhau8&list=PL8WvZFiJpAr0gGNicUfEnMcs0E5DRMwTX
5. Don’t bring out the Weird lines until they really, truly love you.
6. That’s what often attracts them in the first place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzZn31gd_Jc
Of course one must believe in Unicorns.
8. I love the honesty here of a vice POTUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f8S5u01E0Y
9. It takes something to get to this stage.
10 This made me think of Wednesday Addams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3jnymeJof4
11. And Hunter was one of the true professionals at weirdness.
12. Dick Francis, went from being a jockey to an international author selling 60 millions books with seemingly no formal education: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1F0lBnsnkE
13. Got to love that grin, Frightening.
15.How many of us achieve what we say we are going to become as a child. We probably would have thought, why would you become that weird pastime.
So let’s finish with some questions that your weirdness may have been asking you:
- If you had a friend who spoke to you the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how LONG would you allow that person to be your friend?
- Why are you You?
- In one sentence, what do you WISH for your future self?
- What’s something you have that EVERYONE wants.
- What’s something NOBODY could ever steal from you?
- What has the little VOICE in your head been saying to you lately?
- What makes you FEEL incomplete?
- What else would you SEE about yourself if you removed the thought that’s been troubling you?
- What’s something NEW you recently learned about yourself?
- What PROMISE to yourself do you still need to fulfill?
More dancing in the playlist today and possibly a track that needs to go to the censorship board. A newbie to me, Yungblud begins the tracks followed by Frank Zappa. Two of the pop divas next, Kylie and Pink. The dance tracks are by Wednesday Addams and some Old time Movie stars. We finish with Nelly Furtado https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrv0WhiXr4fFwRaTpLypQcmh
Thinking about weirdness writing this, ropes and being tied up came to mind but that’s for another blog. We are all weird in one way or another but if we Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included – the ethos of my new 1,000,000 member Facebook group – Thriving People – People who wish to make a difference to Humankind: Here’s the link to join – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949 you call learn more about the world’s weirdness. Until we meet again, my dear friends.