At the Intercultural Centre I volunteer at, we are having an art project called Brighten the Jade. We are getting local artists to collaborate to paint the walls of our new meeting room, the Jade Room. It brought me to think what brightens my life up? I would include singing, dancing, time with my family and friends and of course blogging and my new thing creating PDF’s from webinars and podcasts.
What do people say around the world and throughout history about what has brightened their life up, its an interesting recipe of 15 quotes. Let us begin our journey
1. The American Poet John Holmes was known for his uplifting quotes, this being the most famous of them. Being buff brightens your day up but your heart gets fitter the kinder you are.
2. It took me two lengthy periods of working in government service then severals years of mental health issues before I got the health and spiritual value of this statement. Have read Richard’s biography he is a man who did not do this in his life.
3. Time for what was the anthem of my generation: Don’t Worry about a Thing.
4. Do you get tunnel vision on your projects and visions in life. The work I am doing with my mentor Arion Light through his Activation School. points to the above, if you are not attached to where you get your result from, you can get your result from anywhere.
5. We have days we jump out of bed screaming YES, YES, YES, then something happens and the Yes’s fade. Though its great to set by whens if it doesn’t happen on that exact date your dream is still there in your heart and soul.
6. Probably the song that best covers this type of deep love is the one and only All You Need Is Love.
7. Lots of people give up on their plans for supposedly logical reasons, what were their names, but we all know Galileo, Martin Luther King, Oprah Winfrey. Don’t give up brightening up your life.
8. There are so many quotes that express the above sentiment, that the way to brightening up your life is through others, I agree wholeheartedly.
9. Three formulas for brightening up your day. A lot of people do this with their cups, so to remind them when the going gets mundane.
10. This quote is another by the prolific philosopher Unknown – Its not great to have people who demean the sunshine around, heal them or move on.
11. Abhisek Tiwari is an Indian TV actor, this could be a line from his series or a great insight he has come up with that brightens our lives.
12. Just love the cheeky humour of this one.
13. It seems Hafiz is Hafez, words of great Beauty , always.
An artistic depiction of Hafez
|spiritual poet, mystic|
Shiraz, Persia (now Iran)
Shiraz, Persia (now Iran)
|Major shrine||Tomb of Hafez, Shiraz, Iran|
|Influences||Ibn Arabi, Khwaju, Sanai, Anvari,Nizami, Sa’di, Khaqani, A|
|Influenced||Subsequent Persian lyric poets,Goethe|
Tradition or genre
|Mystic poetry (Ghazal, Irfan)|
Khwāja Shams-ud-Dīn Muḥammad Ḥāfeẓ-e Shīrāzī (Persian: خواجه شمسالدین محمد حافظ شیرازی), known by his pen name Hafez (حافظ Ḥāfeẓ; 1325/26–1389/90), was a Persian poet who “lauded the joys of love and wine [but] also targeted religious hypocrisy.” His collected works are regarded as a pinnacle of Persian literature and are to be found in the homes of most people in Iran, who learn his poems by heart and still use them as proverbs and sayings. His life and poems have been the subject of much analysis, commentary and interpretation, influencing post-14th century Persian writing more than any other author.
14. Two of the greats, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman starred in this movies that was about brightening the last days of their lives: The Bucket List.
15. And finally , lets get amongst the stars, after all we are starseed, but that’s another blog for another time.
Namaste until Monday my dear friends
I like the sound of the ‘Brighten the Jade’ project at the intercultural centre. Inquiring into what brightens your life is another worthy notion to explore. I agree with you that being able to contribute to the lives of others is a wonderful thing.