I have returned to Marc and Angel Chernoff’s first book 1,000 Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently, which was the book I discovered this remarkable couple through – Get on Board. Using my write about the page you open to, I am writing about 12 Choices Winners Make Every Day. How do you relate to the term winning: Here is what Marc says about it:
‘Follow in the steps of a winner. Don’t wake up at seventy-five-years of age, sighing over what you should have tried. Just do it, and be willing to fail and learn along the way. At least you will know you gave it your best shot.
At the end of the day, whether you chose to go with it, flow with it, resist it, change it, or hide from it, life goes on. If what you did today didn’t turn out as you hoped, tomorrow is a new opportunity to do it differently or to do nothing at all. What’s important to realise is that you have a choice.”
Here are the 12 choices they suggest:
- They don’t give up on the things they believe in.
- They work with and spend time with, the right people.
- They concentrate on the present.
- They maintain a positive attitude.
- They endure the pain.
- They ignore the naysayers.
- They live through Love.
- They accept 100% responsibility for their current situation.
- They take action and plant the right seeds.
- They don’t lose themselves in the commotion.
- They appreciate what they have.
- They make a positive difference.
A pretty great list – let us look at winning:
1. A definite win in your life when this happens.
2. You don’t have to win every battle, choose wisely which ones you fight: Battle Hymn of The Republic.
3. This would be winning, in my eyes.
4. You can choose Yes or No, It’s up to you: No Excuses.
5. Another way to spell winning.
6. Renee Oldstead is an American actress and jazz singer. She is a vegan. She appeared in a PETA ad, Fish Are Friends Not Food, urging her fans to become vegan themselves. In 2012, Olstead joined PETA’s campaign to free the elephant Mali from captivity at the Manila Zoological and Botanical Garden, where she has been alone for the last three decades: Count on Me.
7. Win or Lose, it’s your choice.
8. All of your friends like this, they are your winners: Crazy Little Thing Called Love.
9. Shadow and Light, we move between them constantly.
10. Where is your winning post?: A Thousand Miles.
11. An unusual take on winning by a very famous man.
12. And you will have won: Time of My Life.
13. What are your winning values?
14. Internal not external: You can get it If You Really Want It.
15. Show me new ways, and then I can win at what I previously lost at.
Zig Ziglar has a great saying about winning: “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.”
Today’s playlist begins with the United States Army Field Band, then pop diva Meghan Trainor. Bruno Mars then funks it up, followed by a Queen rock anthem. Then two females – Vanessa Carlton and Madonna, finishing with Jimmy Cliff.
Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included until next time, my dear friends.