Picked up Danielle LaPortesexcellent White Hot Truth for a read last night: Here’s the link. Flipped open on the chapter about discernment. As I am also reading Gabrielle Bernstein’s Judgement Detox I like her definition that Being discerning is not the same as being judgemental. Discernment is big-minded and awake. Judgement is narrow-minded and in the dark. Discernment is our wisdom coming to life.
The main area I use my discernment is in my quest to have Interculturalism – Love and Respect for All: Everyone included spread across the planet. If people make a xenophobic statement about another culture I immediately ask them, have you ever met a member of that race. You would be surprised how often the answer is no. Mainstream media has a lot to answer for in this area.
So where do you use discernment and where has the world commented on it:
1. Don’t base you reality on what is pushed at us from media empires whose purpose is to make a profit not necessarily report the facts.
2. This must be a famous quote because there were so many versions of it. Charles Spurgeon was known as the Prince of Preachers in the 19th century. A bit in your face: Your Soul.
3. Love the power of Maya’s words. Now there is someone who had the ability to discern instead of judging.
4. Gold weighs more, so will your relationships: Gold.
5. I have 50+ Invitations on my Facebook Page today, I will have to be very discerning with my choices.
6. It also takes courage, that’s because it is much easier to judge and not do anything about said judgement: Brave.
7. I’m Jealous. Mel Lawrence (May 17, 1935 – November 5, 2016) was a film director and producer and former concert and festival promoter. He is best known for his role as the Director of Operations at the Woodstock Festival, his work on the Qatsi Trilogy, and for directing and producing the Emmy-nominated documentary Paha Sapa: The Struggle for the Black Hills.
8. It’s interesting how discernment seems to be tied up with Christain values. One would think that form of belief would take it out of the picture: We Believe.
9. A great list as to what values your discernment could be made up of.
10. In 2000, she was named one of the “100 most influential Black Americans” by Ebony magazine, which said that “Her books, lectures and television appearances have made her a multimedia high priestess of healthy relationships.: Human.
11. That’s why self-love is so important, it empowers you to the people you will have around you.
12. You know when it’s happening, bunker up: Killing In The Name Of.
13. Discernment knows when to act and to intercede.
14. But if the truth is an aspiration, then discernment is a heroine: Discernment.
15. The place that will tell you many things, 24 hours a day sometimes, the mind. A lot of them are untrue. let’s practice listening to the spirit contained in our heart.
Discernment looks at several details and then balances these facts against what we believe. Not easily moved but can still be flexible. Without discernment, any snake oil salesman would love you as a target.
Not much pop in the music this week, just Sara Bareilles. An old classic from Spandau Ballet and my favourite rock anthem, guess which one.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.