In terms of your stuff (material possessions) and your lifestyle (adventure, education, time, interests) what do you hold most precious?
Scan your home, all that you own etc.. Then, review your schedule, your hobbies, your career, your favourite activities and the perks of your life and identify your most precious things. (i.e. your phone, car, heirlooms, favourite shoes, most expensive jumper, artwork, your house, your vacations, all of your Air Mile points, your stellar reputation, your free time, your network of amazing professionals, your summer, your money in your rainy day account, your highly curated music collection, your make-up, your purse or wallet, your best winter coat, your bed or couch, your website…)
What would give you acute panic to part with? What are you loath to let go of? What do you think you could not live without?
This is Step 1 in part 2 of Danielle LaPorte’s awesome review of the year called Free and Clear, It’s called your most precious things: All Danielle’s good stuff.
Her final question in this part of the review is – Without all the stuff, and the perks, and the things you’ve worked for…What’s your most precious thing? (Hint: You and what only you can give to the world.)
So what does the world say about preciousness, is it dark like Gollum’s precious in Lord of the Rings or light like the sound of your children laughing with each other, let’s have a look.
1. What would life be like if every day was exactly the same, they made a movie about it called Groundhog Day, I like it a lot.
2. Now here is a person I didn’t dream of that I would be using in regard to preciousness, but it points to the power of the love of our children: When I’m Gone.
3. And also remember to include yourself in this.
4. A beautiful quote from Robert Ludlum an American author of 27 thriller novels, best known as the creator of Jason Bourne from the original The Bourne Trilogy series. The number of copies of his books in print is estimated between 290 million and 500 million. They have been published in 33 languages and 40 countries: Human.
5. You can always make more money, but you can never get the time and attention back, it is infinitely precious, do not stop giving it if you can.
6. Family, friends, life experiences, this is what you remember, and what do they all have in common? Yes. that’s right, time: If today was the last day in my life!!
7. Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh is a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, revered around the world for his powerful teachings and bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace. This is a beautiful piece of his preciousness.
8. We often forget this and give in to the judgments our mind throws at us, precious love doesn’t work that way: A Woman’s Heart.
9. What a great picture of those times in our lives when preciousness of friendship is about how much we can play together.
10 Pick your favourite, beautiful list: Love Song.
11. My mother has not eaten for three months, she has decided to leave us. At the final session of the course, I was doing last night we were asked to share what was the most remarkable thing of essence that had occurred in the six week period. I got up and shared it was the fact my three siblings and I had communicated for every single day of that period, love you guys.
12. Please don’t wait for the above situation before you realise the importance of the people who chose to live this time in with you: Family Times.
13. I think this has happened to me, I must remember to inhale when I am in her presence.
14. There are only 24 hours in a day, remember to use it wisely. It’s the same amount as Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Malala had and have: Whiskey Lullaby.
15. And this is the most precious moment of our lives.
So step 2 asks you Imagine giving away hundred’s of your most precious things. They would have it and you wouldn’t. Imagine giving it away freely. With a smile to anyone and everyone.
How does that feel? Terrifying? heavy with Guilt? Panicky? Pissed right off? Energising? Releived. My answer to the most Precious Thing is having Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included becoming the world paradigm.
Music includes the partnership of Hitler and Enimem, a Steve Jobs vignette, Celtic Women and Allison Krause with Brad Paisley
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.