As my regular readers now I have a mentor, Arion Light. On the Weekend I did a Sex and the Soul Retreat that he and our friend Leyolah Antara lead with 20 courageous men and women.
As we went through the process it brought up a lot of stuff for me around sex and sexuality as the processes were to heal and empower different parts that you experienced over your lifetime and for each person it was different.
I got to experience my mistrust of women because of an incident early in my childhood and was able to clear it, I feel like a brand new person as the tender young age of 61. What does the world have to say about this often taboo subject. Let have a look at 15 powerful quotes on the subject.
1. When you get shamed in this area we often shut it down and it remains the age the incident occurred at. It takes an act of courage to rekindle the journey down to a mature sexuality.
2. Portia de Rossi is often best known for being Ellen De Generes partner but she is also a well known actress which she has been doing for nearly 30 years.
3. We come on to this planet with our sexuality in tow. Society tries and tell us that it should be one certain way, unfortunately it isn’t that simple.
4. Probably one of the areas in life that is judged the most. A lot of people get on their moral high horse if people’s sexuality is different to theirs in their preferences or choice of partner. As Janet Jackson wouldn’t it be great if as a race we didn’t do this.
5. One of the greatest spontaneous women in the world, Marilyn Monroe had no qualms in saying I want to be loved by You.
6. This is one area that should come under the category of fun and pleasure, does it for You?
7. I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it.
8. The women on the weekend got to do this , to be proud and steadfast and sexy in their power.
9. Graham Greene is one of my favourite wordsmiths, this quote says a lot about sexuality.
10. Thrust, thrust, thrust. This is not sexuality.
11. Maria Manakova is a Serbian Chessmaster, I agree with her, why not Chess.
12. If you find your sacred lover F. Scott says you will never recover, Who would want to.
13. Sent by his parents to become a priest, the founder of the gnostic movement soon disavowed the Catholic Church and started his own movement and journey.
14. I can’t read the name of the woman who said this but I agree wholeheartedly with her conviction.
15. Annie Lennox, sensual lead singer of the Eurythmics sang a powerful song back in 1984 : Sex Crimes. One of the great crimes to me is that sexuality is split between the sexes. That is what was so great about the weekend, both were included.
I look forward to what my life will include in the area of sexuality, its never to late. Namaste until Thursday my dear friends.
It IS unfortunate that sexuality has become an ‘issue’ that can be so divisive. It sounds like the sex and soul retreat provides the opportunity to open one’s eyes to what we all have in common and dissolve those attitudes that separate us. I admire your willingness to attend an event that I’m sure would have the potential to be very confronting.