Forgot Brene again, so instead of Daring Greatly we get to look at sexuality and vulnerability today. I am doing a course called Dancing Eros for Men: Info Link. at the moment and it is transforming me molecule by molecule. I cannot talk about the practices, only my experience of them. last night we did the one that prudish Rod was going to survive, it was around our unleashed sexuality. I rated myself about two out of ten in this area at the beginning and moved to about a four.
What I did discover was that what had turned me prudish was an event that one could relate to as a males ultimate fantasy. I used to hang around the Rythm and Blues scene in Melbourne as a door bitch and a sometimes sound guy. We did a gig south of the river, Melbourne is split into Southside and Northside by the Yarra River and you have a favourite side. I lived north of the river and eventually got home late in the morning after drugs and alcohol. Comes a knock on the door ten minutes later, it’s the amazing looking woman from the gig. Her – I am here to fuck you. We did, I never knew her name or saw her again. I felt a deep shame about this even though she had instigated it and left the music scene never to return soon after.
So what are you vulnerability edges, what have people said about it over the ages, here we go:
1. Possibly one of the worlds most famous TED talks, the book I meant to bring Daring Greatly is what Brene based this TED talk on.
2. It’s not about the bodies that take part, its so much more: Sex with Me.
3. Hot Chocolate – You sexy thing!!
4. Pleasure me and you as part of the deal or if you are polyamory as many as you feel like: Is This Love.
5. I am learning this more and more in Dancing Eros. I get to see how really, truly I have shut these areas down in my life, and yet they are a crucial part of who I am.
6. Courageously show up and you will get what you need in all areas of your life, including your sexuality: Thinking Out Loud.
7. As true as 50 is the new 30, or in my case 63 is the new 30.
8. Self Love 101. master this and you become one sexy motherfucker: We R who we R.
9. I think I’m one of these, will I change from Dancing Eros?
10. Nudism is a natural state, negative thoughts about it are clearly not: Show me your Pussay.
11. Handle the body to body stuff, then go for this. Yes, Please.
12. the founder of psychoanalysis, a clinical method for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst. Hence the creation of the patient couch: Vulnerable.
13. More from the fabulous Brene, after all, she is the Queen of the subject.
14. How many types of sexual are there, many to chose from these days: Demisexuality.
15. What would the world be like if we all walked on this earth letting ourselves be truly seen?
So I have quite a journey still if I am ever to feel the pure joy of ten out of ten in this area, although I think a little bot is sneaking in, nanoseconds of it, time will tell.
The playlist for today begins with Rihanna being hot and sexy, followed by a classic from Bob Marley, then the uber raunchy Kesha. Lords of Acid then put it in your face, finishing with a milder Roxette and an info video on Demisexuality.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
Thanks for sharing your vulnerable self with us, Rod.