I’ve had to ride over to my sisters place to write the blog today as the day after commencing my new research online business Rods Rocking Research: Here’s the Link. my computer went blank screen and its a two week turnaround as Apple doesn’t have parts for a 2011 MacBook pro anymore. I was going to write on vulnerability via Brene Browns book Daring greatly but I didn’t put it in my Crumpler bag so its back to Marc and Angel’s Getting Back to Happy which was already in the bag.
Chapter 8 is entitled Getting Unstuck: Embrace Change and take Action When Necessary so I thought a discussion on taking action would be appropriate after riding over here.
1. Foundational is not a word I would associate with Pablo Picasso, although I suppose you use foundation when you are creating a painting.
2. All those negative thoughts our mind throws up from our memories will not overcome our fears but placing one foot in front of another and just beginning certainly will help: One Foot.
3. Explode into action and your life will explode along with it!!
4. There are three tenses, Past , present and future, Gandhi points out which one you take action in: Lets Live for today.
5. Honoré de Balzac , born Honoré Balzac, was a French novelist and playwright. The novel sequence La Comédie humaine, which presents a panorama of post-Napoleonic French life, is generally viewed as his magnum opus.
6. The man who forgot the influence that the Metoo movement has had on the planet, Big Tone talks to our abilities: F**kin Perfect (explicit version)
7. What a sobering term, “Comfortable Inaction” I think that is why the world is where it is right now.
8. As my friend Amanda said at one Unleashing retreat , get off your fucking arses: Say Something.
9. I instantly though of the movie Field of Dreams, In 2017, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”.
10.How long is it since you fell over or made a mistake regarding your career, time to step out: What a Girl Is.
11. Yoda speak!!
12. Celebrate good times: Celebration.
13. Sounds of Silence and acts of doing is Walts suggestion.
14. Seth Godin is Yoyodyne, launched in 1995, used contests, online games, and scavenger hunts to market companies to participating users. In August 1996, Flatiron Partners invested $4 million in Yoyodyne in return for a 20% stake.At Yoyodyne, Godin published Permission Marketing: Turning strangers into friends and friends into customers. In 1998, he sold Yoyodyne to Yahoo for about $30 million and became Yahoo’s vice president of direct marketing: Video Killed the Radio Star.
15. Stop thinking so much, time to get out of your head and get out of your body.
Marc and Angel say it is never too late or too early to be who you are capable of being. There’s no time limit on when you can start living the life you’ve always dreamed of. there is no mystical door that shuts after you turn a certain age, blocking you off from experiencing the things you want to be.
The playlist for today is very eclectic. It begins with someone I have never heard of called Walk The Moon, followed by the 70’s classic The Grass Roots. Then on to pop diva Pink and Justin Timberlake. Who is Dove Cameron. Some funk from Kool and the Gang and that song from The Buggles to end. Enjoy.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
You are a great example of your last observation, that ‘ there is no mystical door that shuts after a certain age’. Go Rod!