Amongst Stepping Stones for March 29th is the question – How could you increase your personal effectiveness? As we all are at a different level with this our answers will differ wildly.
If we set goals in our lives or we simply go with the flow will affect our relationship to the question. A bit like Tony Robbins Vs. Eckhart Tolle. So, from what angle has the world looked at personal effectiveness, let’s have a look:
1. J.M. is not famous, no Wikipedia entry but an entry in Goodreads for this insightful quote.
2. I have dealt with many customer serivce staff who have got this dramatically the wrong way round: I Know you Care.
3. The book related to these quotes has sold 25 million copies since its first release. Covey added an 8th Habit – Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs later in his career.
4. What is the principle: 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react: Sounds Babies Love.
5. Back to the 1700’s and 1800’s for a quote from Goethe, he was a German writer and statesman. His works include epic and lyric poetry; prose and verse dramas; memoirs; an autobiography; literary and aesthetic criticism; treatises on botany, anatomy, and colour; and four novels. In addition, numerous literary and scientific fragments, more than 10,000 letters, and nearly 3,000 drawings by him exist.
6. Self Explanatory really: Say Something.
7. Never have enough time in the day, listen to the clock!!
8. Five very costly words, try How can I Help in their place: Poeple help the People.
9. What do you communicate with your words, do they hear what you want them to?
10. It takes 21 days ot reverse a habit, begin today and May will be an inspiring month: Don’t stop me Now.
11. Not telling people what to do!!
12. Not a lot of effective listening goes on in an argumentative situation: Don’t.
13. Is your life on the right trajectory or do you have to aim just that little bit higher?
12. We love stories from our earliest years, not much changes later in life: Ohio.
15. For some people they would call the latter the shadow of a relationship, they don’t work without it.
Effectiveness is the capability of producing a desired result or the ability to produce desired output. When something is deemed effective, it means it has an intended or expected outcome, or produces a deep, vivid impression. So the question to answer for ourselves, is how much of the time do we do this in our lives, It is something I think we will continually work on over our lifetimes.
Music comes from Ellie Goulding, Sounds Babies Love, Christine Aguilera, Birdy, and then grows in Age via Queen, Shania Twain and Neil Young.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.