I have been working on accepting what is so with my mentor Arion: Activating your Essence.. I go between accepting it in my heart and seeing what that allows for and listening to the dross my head throws at me 24/7. Ring Chapter 10 – Release your attachments in Lissa Rankins wonderful book The Anatomy of a Calling : Info about it.
At the end of each chapter there is a Hero’s guidepost and a Hero’s practice, I would like to share Hero’s practice with you:
” I Accept ” Meditation
Practice an “I accept” meditation. Close your eyes and allow yourself to feel all the disappointment about things that aren’t going how you hoped. let yourself feel the sadness, anger, frustration, hopelessness, fear and embarrassment. Don’t judge your feelings. Just feel them. Then repeat the mantra “I accept, I accept, I accept.” Notice any inner resistance that bubbles up and keep repeating the mantra. Pay attention to any thoughts that refute your mantra, anything you feel that you can’t accept. But keep going, “I accept, I accept, I accept.” To be guided through an ” I accept” meditation , download the free guided meditation at TheAnatomyofaCalling.com. For more help preventing and accepting disappointment, read Christine Hassler’s book Expectation Hangover.
So how does the world look at acceptance, let’s go on a journey:
1. Eckhart Tolle points us to this moment in time that we seem to want to avoid, what is the power of now.
2. But you should always go with your heart, the gateway to your soul: Listen to Your Heart.
3. If only I had….., When I get 10k lighter…, I’m not sure I can…, all expectations, what are yours?
4. I know you, they say our blood changes every seven years so why do we assume that our personalities stay the same?: Everybody’s Changing.
5. Can we accept this unconditionally? How different would our relationships be if we lived this life.
6. In 2017, Rolling Stone magazine ranked him second (behind Richard Pryor) on its list of the 50 best stand-up comics of all time. George Carlin is a genius, check out his youtube videos: The reason Education Sucks.
7. Accept how your life is but always have a go to position, how you want your life to look.
8. In your face, yes it’s manipulation, they are as they are. Thats why you love them: Me, Myself, I.
9. Remember those teenage years when it was all about being liked by others, fitting in, being one of the gang – It’s time to stop that.
10. Campbell’s magnum opus is his book The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949), in which he discusses his theory of the journey of the archetypal hero found in world mythologies. Since the book’s publication, Campbell’s theory has been consciously applied by a wide variety of modern writers and artists. His philosophy has been summarized by his own often repeated phrase: “Follow your bliss.”: The Climb.
11. Carl Ransom Rogers was an American psychologist and among the founders of the humanistic approach (or client-centered approach) to psychology. Rogers is widely considered to be one of the founding fathers of psychotherapy research. The person-centered approach, his own unique approach to understanding personality and human relationships, found wide application in various domains such as psychotherapy and counseling (client-centered therapy), education (student-centered learning), organizations, and other group settings.
12. Acceptance is one part of you creating your own unique destiny: Choose your Destiny.
13. How could I not include The Power of Now guy.
14. And the tenets of my faith is Yes, Yes, Yes – Love is Love. Well done Australia for saying yes to same sex marriage: Love is Love.
15. OK , I admit it, I was a Charmed addict because of Alyssa Milano. Love this quote from her about the dark and the light.
Joseph Campbell, the Follow your Bliss and the Hero’s Journey dude, states on the road of trials is where you find your faith, when you learn to accept what life is throwing at you that you don’t love, allowing yourself to move forward.
The music today included pop divas Beyonce and Billy Cyrus, some Disney thrown in and the masterful George Carlin.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.