I was always considered intelligent at school but was expelled at the end of Year 11 for non attendance. I may have been intelligent but did not consider a formal education the way to honour it. I spent many a day in Year 11 not attending the institution, Eaglehawk High School I had left my parents home to go to.
Many years later I began the education that would fulfil my desires, in the self development field. Through the tenets of Buddhism and Werner Erhardt and Associates I began a journey that I still continue today that will continue to the day I pass to the other side.So what does society have to say about where the fulfilment of intelligence lies, let’s have a look:
1. My favourite bird, the noble owl suits this quote that Henry Ford made famous in the early years of the last century questioning were people allowed to think in an education system that was set up to train clones for jobs that already existed.
2. Being supremely intelligent did not necessarily mean that you fitted in . Here are some unusual facts about Albert: Quirky Albert.
3. Often people who come up with the great changes on our planet are considered quite crazy because how could their idea work or there is no need for that when they first start talking about it.
4. Janis Joplin, one of the 60’s great philosophers, was not known for her answers , she was known for her questioning of society: Ball and Chain.
5. Albert again, he did not shout in life, just kept improving his arguments until they gave him the Nobel Prize for one of them.
6. Or Love, kindness, inner beauty etc. etc. etc: Money.
7. I read recently you should be the dumbest person in the room if you want to be a success, this relates to that.
8. Epictetus was a Greek-speaking Stoic philosopher. He was born a slave at Hierapolis, Phrygia, and lived in Rome until his banishment, when he went to Nicopolis in north-western Greece for the rest of his life. His teachings were written down and published by his pupil Arrian in his Discourses and Enchiridion: Just Do It.
9. They say when you are born 60% of the jobs you will do have not been invented yet, but in our country they are trying to return the education system to a standardised system throughout the country, why would you do that?
10. There is also a fourth these days, artificial which could be seen as replacing one or two of the above: Prince Ea.
11. How can you keep on learning if you are always the smartest person in the room, if this occurs more times than less, then you are going backwards.
12. Your physical looks do not remain the same, we get lines and wrinkles as the years pile on. Your wit and foresight grow over time: I don’t want to change You!
13. I had to include this one, because I am known as the research nerd, research intellectual bad ass has a much better ring to it.
14. Intelligent people will really get this: Pharrell is Happy.
15. I love this quote by Albert, It’s why I rail against the education system that thinks everyone is the same.
Intelligence is a gift we could all participate in when we enter our lives from the womb, we just need to find the right education path. Don’r rely on the one that the system says is the one that will work for you.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
You are a shining example of life long learning!