7 months,from 22nd March until now, that is how long our beloved city of Melbourne has been in lock-down from COVID, most of it stage 3 and 4. We have had a love affair with masks and crosses on the ground. I began the first stages in a psychiatric unit at the Melbourne Clinic and have ended it breaking up with the women I wanted to spend my life with.
It has made Zoom like technology a must at most houses, for the kids to do their school work, parents to do their work as the government asked them not to go to work unless they really had to, and for my friends in the conscious dance community to listen to the DJ’s they danced to weekly in dance halls all around Melbourne.
So what has the world said about COVID, because lets not forget it is a world-wide pandemic, here we go:
1. How long is 7 months, a frigging long time.
2. Charles Robert Darwin 12 February 1809 – 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution sounds like he would have been a great man to have on the COVID Health team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMP4zrJiM4
3. 5 basics of the pandemic.
4. Don’t forget the merch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARt9HV9T0w8
5. How true was this over the past seven months.
6. The naysayers are many, especially the journos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6WMzDOh1o&list=PLhGO2bt0EkwvRUioaJMLxrMNhU44lRWg8&index=15
7. Did they have to put a limit on how much toilet paper you could buy in your country, we did.
8. I think after seven months, I’ve got there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4pi1LxuDHc
9. COVID Parenthood 101.
10. Hadn’t thought of this, the royal handshake and hug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vmjyjst4U
11. The streets and walk-paths are really empty.
12. This would be funny if it was not true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH4TVYT1OYQ
13. Ice cream.
14. The cute as pie one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygdB-ZE0daY
15. Oops, sprung.
So, what are some things that can help you get through this pandemic, here are a few suggestions:
- Wash your hands and face, and brush your teeth.
- Change your socks,
- Call a close friend.
- Go outdoors.
- Take a light exercise break.
- Dress to feel your best.
- Listen to your favourite music
- Take a few deep, controlled breaths.
- Clear your stuffed nose.
- Cook a good meal.
- Walk away from energy vampires.
- Complete an important piece of unfinished business.
- Work on something that’s meaningful for you.
- Assist someone in need.
- Think about your latest (or greatest) success.
- Act like today is already an awesome day.
- Notice what’s right.
- Take a moment to acknowledge how far you’ve come.
The playlist today begins with two older songs by David Bowie and Gloria Gaynor. Following are two bands, U2 and the Lumineers. The only pop diva is next, Enca ft. Noizy. We finish with two COVID parodies of Foreigner and Michael Jackson: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrtSY-drWEG7LyrzJbFT4GV2
Today is the day we were meant to find out about an easing of the restrictions, I think I saw an extension to November the 2nd, missed by that much. So during this time we really need the ethos of Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included. Until next time my dear friends.