Put a brave face on, she’ll be right. I’m sure we all have had this said to us at some time in our lives when we are reacting in a not so happy way to the events that are going on in our lives at that exact moment. Our face expresses what is going on for us moment to moment, we cannot hide it from the world: Joy, Grief, Lust, Love all are revealed.
Children are especially good at this, most of the time their faces are filled with wonder, yet as we age we learn new faces to put on, lets have a look at what people have to say about this phenomenon:
1. What is your game face? Happy Face, Serious Face, Wonderment Face, there are many to choose from.
2. The dark night of the Soul moment, this moment for me is when I nearly got sacked from my job for not charging connection fees for fellow staff when I was the Union rep. in am extended pay dispute with our employer. The Area manager threatened me, my direct boss said he would go to the media with it and the threat disappeared magically. Here’s some Beast songs : Not what you think!!
3. When you are scowling do you look beautiful?
4. definition of Proverb a short, well-known pithy saying, stating a general truth or piece of advice – synonyms: saying · adage · saw · maxim · axiom · motto . Here’s my favourite song about dating : Chasing Cars.
5. Possibly the most famous quote about kittens in the world, I’m sure you are putting on your kitten smile as you read this!!
6. You can’t be serious , can you. We all have one of these for those moments we want them to get the point we are putting across. The best Face song ever written.
7. This is why I love Oprah Winfrey, she never does the latter. Yes, I got the Oprah reference in again, Yay!!
8. Obvious song for an obvious statement : Instant Karma.
9. Marilyn Monroe (born Norma Jeane Mortenson; June 1, 1926 – August 5, 1962) was an American actress and model. Famous for playing “dumb blonde” characters, she became one of the most popular sex symbols of the 1950s, emblematic of the era’s attitudes towards sexuality. Although she was a top-billed actress for only a decade, her films grossed $200 million by the time of her unexpected death in 1962.She continues to be considered a major popular culture icon.
10. You can be a lover in a one night stand, you cannot walk side by side as friends.That’s what friends are for.
11. The king and queen of the airwaves, turn it off, and go for your friends when your problems raise their ugly heads.
12. When we affect another’s face to break out in a smile, that is when we are at our best: Walking on Sunshine.
13. Not really about faces, but if you live your life by this motto, you will have lead a great life.
14. As I mentioned earlier we build up a collection of faces to cover our inner child’s wonderment with life, do you work on removing them so you can return to those moments: Baby I love your Way!!
15. The cute dog and silly quote one left to the end, do we all have a Monday Face?
They say the face reveals all along with the eyes. They can be changed by love and hate, I go for the former every time.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.