I have been burning the candle at both ends when it comes to sleep a little lately. This has meant I have embarrassed my self by nodding off at odd times during the day. I think its time for some self care respite and getting a health care regime back in place.
How often do we let our situation get out of control and need some respite to get back on track. Respite is a beautiful sounding word, but what does it really mean, lets have a look: definition of respite –
a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant:“the refugee encampments will provide some respite from the suffering” ·“a brief respite from the heat”synonyms: rest · break · breathing space · interval · intermission ·,interlude · recess · lull · pause · time out · hiatus · halt · stop · stoppage · cessation · discontinuation · standstill · relief · relaxation · repose · breather · postponement · deferment · delay · stay ·stay of execution · reprieve · remission · suspension · adjournment · moratorium · continuance
VERBrarepostpone (a sentence, obligation, etc.):“the execution was only respited a few months”synonyms: postpone · put off · delay · defer · put back ·
So how do we seek respite in our busy, bus world of the technological revolution, lets begin our journey:
1. Roald Dahl was a British novelist, short story writer, poet, screenwriter, and fighter pilot. His books have sold over 200 million copies worldwide. Many people have taken respite in his well loved books.
2. There is only one song that could accompany this quote: Art for Arts Sake.
3. Sometimes the things we have to respite from have actually been made up by our minds and are not very factual.
4. Get your Happy on, Is this Love. The indigenous love their land as well as each other in a much more profound way that western society does: Indigenous Healing Music.
5. There are many ways of seeking respite from your pain, and many ways to look at the healing process, choose wisely.
6. Considered one of the most beautiful women to have graced the planet, Audrey Hepburn. She was so talented she could sing in several languages: La Vie En Rose.
7. Mandy Hale is affectionately known around the world as “The Single Woman.” In just over three years, Mandy has garnered a massive Twitter following of a half a million people from across the globe. With a heart to inspire single women to live their best lives and to never, ever settle, Mandy cuts to the heart of the matter with her inspirational, straight-talking, witty, and often wildly humorous take on life and love. She’s also not afraid to talk about the many realities of being single in a world that still asks “And WHY are you still single?”
8. On the anniversary of his passing, Dr. Wayne Dyer points to how to seek respite in our relationships. Let love in by : Standing in the Lovelight.
9. How relevant is this in a world where people wake up and check their social media before getting out of bed!!, Crazy.
10. And once again , only one song could go her, check out that rad dancing: Love to Love you Baby.
11. And here, possibly is the most popular way we seek respite from the drabness of the working week.
12. Catherine Lockwood was born in England in the late fifties. She suffered from childhood depression which continued into her adulthood, resulting in a tumultuous, colourful life. She has recently taken up writing and firmly believes that we all have a book inside us screaming to get out. Here’s ten minutes of hell-raising: One Bourbon , One Scotch, One Beer.
13. Seeking respite is sometimes ignoring what is so. Do any of these three simple rules hit home?
14. And always remember their is one simple way to seek respite. put a smile on your dial: Smile.
15. And from one of my top ten, Here is the thing we most need to take respite from. Hallelujah!!
So rake some time out from your busy day, a respite from it even, and list how you choose to take respite in your lives.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.