Do you consider your self stylish and what is style anyway? Today is one of my words off the wall blogs – we are having the documentary Advanced Style where the lives of Seven unique New York women are depicted. It looks fascinating, here is the trailer for it: 7 Unique Women.
I have not been known as a stylist belonging more to the alternative scene over the years, caftans and flairs do not make many of the fashion magazines although there were some very unique clothes worn by my fashionista friends. So lets have a look at what society has to say about advanced style, here are my 15 quotes that I have chosen to consider:
1. Albert suggests that it is difficult to walk through life with a sense of style through just having knowledge, as this is limited. Imagination is what has you stand out from the pack.
2. But with no education as exists in some places in the world it is also impossible to change your circumstances and break out from the mundane.
3. One of the great stylists who has re-invented the meaning of creating your own world, Oprah shows what determination can get you.
4. Don’t young kids dressed as adults look oh so cute, not if you ask them, it’s like putting them in prison garb.
5. Lynn is one of the stars of Advanced Style, does your mother look like this at the same age, I know mine doesn’t.
6. At one stage it was Grey is the new Black as they become the majority of the population this statement is now more the norm.
7. Susan Sarandon recently went to Burning Man, this stylish actress was interviewed about her experience of the major alternative festival in the states : What did she think?.
8. Definitely one of the more stylish dressers of his age, Mark Twain AKA Samuel Clemens was a believer in age was a made up concept, and that you were as young as you felt.
9. To look fashionable you need to be original, if you buy off the rack you have a very good chance you will turn up an event in exactly the same attire as another, no imagination , no originality.
10. A man who also redefined style was Stephen Hawking, a sufferer of Motor Neuron disease from an early age, he has not let this hinder him and is one of the most sought after speakers in the world.
11. We don’t appear to be that far off when our style of transport will change dramatically. Using Doctor Who in this image points to what will be available some time this century.
12. And the greatest style advantage we have in life is that we are uniquely us, no one is more Youer than You.
13. Luckily the internet revolution has turned around people’s ability to find out what styles are relevant and allows them to learn and move on from where they are these days. Libraries are also a valuable place to attain this.
14. Malala Yousafzai (Malālah Yūsafzay: born 12 July 1997) is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate.She is known mainly for human rights advocacy for education and for women in her native Swat Valley in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of northwest Pakistan, where the local Taliban had at times banned girls from attending school. Yousafzai’s advocacy has since grown into an international movement. Her Passion and style have influenced many organisations and celebrities to take on her cause.
15. David Bowie became a stylist by writing awesome songs and changing his persona every few years. The title of this blog is taken from one of his greatest songs : Fashion, David Bowie Style.
Style is a much used word, how do you use it , in your clothes, in your ride, I have the first triathlete pushbike released in Australia, it’s very smick, or in the way you relate to others. There are many ways to be stylish.
Namaste until Easter Monday my dear friends.