Have you ever received awful advice from your supposed friends as you excitedly tell them about your latest adventure? They think they are trying to protect you from the possibility of failure, which, in effect, also shied you from the possibility of making your dream a reality.
Here are a few ill-advised tips (lies) people will likely tell you when you decide to pursue your dreams, and why they are dreadfully mistaken.
- You can follow your dreams someday, but right now you need to buckle down and be responsible.
- You are totally screwed if it doesn’t work out.
- It’s safer to stay at your day job.
- That’s impossible.
- Only a lucky few “make it”.
- You might fail and failing is bad.
- You will sacrifice too much for too little.
- You need more money saved before you take the first step.
- You don’t need any help. It’s smarter to go after it alone.
- That sounds like a lot of hard work.
All supposed good advice but in the end white lies. Only you can take the steps that fulfil your dreams. And what has society said about the cost of a lie over time. Here are a few of my favourite quotes:
1. Lord Byron, one of the best-known poets had an unusual death for a creative. He died fighting in the Greek War of Independence.
2. What came first, the chicken or the egg:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ
3. Being open is what starts the transformation.
4. If the numbers don’t add up, the truth is missing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpQFFLBMEPI&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ&index=7
5. Trust seems to be the issue here.
6. Deal with the permanence seems to be the answer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCkpzqqog4k&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ&index=8
7.In telling the truth you do not have to remember it, because it’s true.
8. You are not being creative, you are still lying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6tXqFp-mnM&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ&index=9
9. I would rather deal with your true opinions than your white lies.
10. Is a lie an attempt to hide a feeling of embarrassment?:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzeWc3zh01g&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ&index=15
11. Pass out the tissues.
12. Says it all really: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ&index=16
13. The POTUS quote for this blog makes me doubt it’s veracity.
14. The lies we tell ourselves are probably the reasons we put up with others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJNkH-pDd8&list=PLyORnIW1xT6wzupDsoAlmcLoeYEOumvfZ&index=25.
15. Because a lie must be remembered for ever so you can tell it again.
So in writing this blog I have come to the decision that the only option is to gather a tribe of truthtellers around you and deal with the consequences of this. Hopefully you have done this in some form or another.
Today’s playlist is modern in nature beginning with two Pop Diva’s Adele and Pink. Sam Smith breaks up the women with Elizabeth Young and Billie Ellish following. The penultimate track is Justin Timberlake and we finish with The Black Eyed Peas, Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrsBV-7gSv-r5uyd0oJ2eKSZ
Living in the world of no lies is not easy as is creating a world wide ethos of Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included. That’s why I have created two Facebook groups: Interculturalism: https://www.facebook.com/groups/183421768519278 and Thriving People – People who wish to make a difference to humanity: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949. If you are reading this I would love you to join one or both to help spread it around the world.
Until we meet again my dear friends.