I went down to my friend Frankie’s opening of the Centre of You – A Place to Be and Become last Sunday. I did not realize it was so close to my den of iniquity from 30 years ago, Revolver upstairs. I went to a Japanese cafe for dinner and watched the crowd coming out of Revolver at 5 pm stoned off their faces, instantly taking me back to my 5am exits in a similar condition.
But this blog is not about that, it is about Frankie’s business partner Grace and the speech she gave about how she had attained her dream, The Centre of You. Grace was invited to perform with the Kirtan musicians, another dream fulfilled. But it was in her story of standing for the dream of the centre that moved me so much. Grace had been contemplating what would fill her up every moment of the day and it was to have a place where people could heal their souls. At the time she had seventy-seven cents in her bank account and was in debt in other places.
Grace never gave up on her dream because of her circumstances and kept speaking it to all and asunder. Over time she would meet people who would hang around for a while and also people who would say, I am on your journey. Enter my friend Frankie at a breath-work training which enabled the energy required to fulfill Grace’s dream.
So what has society said about fulfilling dreams over the years, lets have a look:
1. You are on your journey, not theirs.
2. I was at a fulfillment of this statement Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeP4p1fjMs
3. Set your soul on Fire!!!
4. Mrs POTUS had a lot more to offer than being the woman at the presidents side:
5. She, after all, is on your side.
6. My hand is up for being guilty of doing this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG_Rg3xMMGs
8. We definitely need some Oprah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKkhsXqf43g
9. Got to love our rivers.
10. I like this very much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLy2SaSQAtA
11. Do our dreams have a price?
12. Henry David Thoreau born July 12, 1817 – May 6, 1862) was an American naturalist, essayist, poet, and philosopher A leading transcendentalist, he is best known for his book Walden a reflection upon simple living in natural surroundings, and his essay “Civil Disobedience” (originally published as “Resistance to Civil Government”), an argument for disobedience to an unjust state: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2hvkPyiAFE
13. Strive to go the whole distance!!!
14. Essential overrides the first three: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY
15. As Nike says, Just Do It.
At the end of the day, whether you chose to go with it, flow with it, resist it, change it, or hide from it, life goes on. If what you did today didn’t turn out as you’d hoped, tomorrow is a new opportunity to do it differently, or nothing at all. What’s important is to realize that you have a choice, here are twelve ways to help you move forward:
- Don’t give up on the things you believe in.
- Work with, and spend time, with the right people.
- Concentrate on the present.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Endure the pain.
- Ignore the naysayers.
- Live your life through love.
- Accept 100% responsibility for your current situation.
- Take action and plant the right seeds.
- Don’t lose yourself in the commotion.
- Appreciate what you have.
- Make a positive difference.
Today’s playlist contains two songs by the same artist, a very unusual choice by me: We begin with Alice Cooper, then back to now with Beyonce. A great cover by Aussie band Mental as Anything follows. Then our spoken word piece by Oprah is next. John Lennon by two takes us to the final track by Toto: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYruQzmX4zq_AczD6SprNGSn4
I believe we all have dreams, mine is to get one million people saying they will live from Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included, Its a Facebook group called Thriving People -People who wish to make a difference to humanity. If you would like to be one here is the Facebook link to become a member:https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949.
Thank you, Grace. Until we meet again, my dear friends.