Who are Suki and Lhasa, my sister’s beloved cat and dog, I’m not allowed to have pets in my flat.
Pets? Cats or Dogs, Rats or Mice, Budgies or Parrots. We all have our personal choice. I am more of a Dog person than those life controlling moggies who know they are the owner not the other way around.Wikipedia has an interesting definition of what an animal lover is, Check out number three –
The terms animal love or animal lover can have several meanings:
- affectional relationships between humans and companion animals, see human-animal bonding
- wider concern about the well-being of all animals, see animal welfare
- sexual relationships between humans and animals, see zoophilia
- affectional bonding between animals, see pair bond
- the possibility of emotions such as love in animals, see emotion in animals
- Animal Love, a 1996 documentary filmDIRECTED by Ulrich Seidl
I have chosen 15 quotes , some famous , some from just your standard neighborhood cat or dog lover. Here we go –
1. I’ve decided to start my quotes on a less that serious note. I can’t imagine Paul my 50’s something psychiatrist using licking as part of his treatment but I might suggest it on my next three monthly catch up.
2. Suki normally is giving that look when he wants a pat, once you start the cut off point is never.
3. Mark Twain was known for his quirky and insightful quotes as much as his fame for his novels. His summation of the output of dogs vs. Cats is pretty close to the bone in my opinion.
4. Love the even when you don’t share the People Food line, Yes most dogs believe they are human.
5. The one dog I had was poisoned, my parents disappeared him very quickly. I switched to guinea pigs because they couldn’t run away because they were in a cage.
6. Jean Maurice Eugene Clement Cocteau, French poet and film maker always had at least one cat in his home. He came out with this well known cat loving quote as testament to the love he felt for them.
7. I have several friends who judge a persons character on the reaction their pets have to them. I remember visiting my friends house in Bendigo. They had 13 animals, 6 cats. Four went for my lap at once.
8. How a dog and children come into the world. Treated right they will continue to do so until we place that wooden cross next to the back fence, the pets I mean not the children.
9. Dogs know something when they choose trees as their place of going to the toilet. Starlight attracts them to the beauty, that’s a little left field.
10. Unconditional Love, if we followed this set of ideals for loving I think the world would be a better place all around.
11. Especially when it from a young kitten rubbing themselves against your leg at dinner time, and believe me they know when it is their dinnertime, don’t be late or there will be consequences.
12. We all have seen that look if we have ever been graciously allowed to share a premises with a cat. I am plotting to take over the world look and you are going to be my first conquests.
13. Had to get in one about my true addiction Music, I have 24,000 songs on my Itunes. My friend La Rola organised a dance party to pay for her beloved car Kevin’s surgery. How could you not go.
George Mikes, Hungarian Born British author came up with this beauty, about the real chain of command in our homes.
15. Aaw, isn’t it cute when two cats clean each other, they do it from the smallest moggie to the largest lions. No one has worked it out. Which one of the three scenario’s above do you think it is.
I am jealous at times of the love my sister and her family have received from Suki and Lhasa, Lhasa is a bit old these days to show much, He just lies around and sleeps, but remember after all he is a cat.
Its time to say adieu, so once again Namaste until next time , my dear friends.