Well, I did the inspirational work shop Now- The art of Having It All Incredible Workshop led by my friends Jules and Clare on the weekend and how could I not write my blog about one aspect of it.
There are 4 premises to live an inspired life through –
- Creating Safety
- Telling the Truth
- Be Organised
- Live Passionately
I was going to write about number three but I need to do a little bit of work in that area, face the truth , a lot of work really. So I have chosen number four, to live passionately. Mention passion and the image of Tony Robbins and his fire walk resonate for some, others the quieter realm of Eckhart Tolle’s the Power of Now meditations.So what had people said about it over humankind’s journey. Here are the 15 quotes I have used to exemplify how we feel about it.
1. We can’t start on too serious a note, when you live a passionate life you will find that people are drawn to you because they are inspired by your actions.
2. I am reading Lissa Rankin’s amazing book The Fear Cure, Lissa’s FB PAGE. In it she highlights how fear causes up to 60% of the illness that occurs on the planet. What if we were to concentrate on conquering or accepting our fears, then how remarkable would our lives be.
3. Back to the 17th Century for this one. John was the founder of Methodism, a religious order based in England. He believed in preaching outside and was known for his passionate oratory.
4. Beauty, Passion and Completeness certainly go well with Living, Dreaming and Loving. I looked up Herbacin and low and behold they are a cosmetic company. Great quotes can come from anywhere.
5. When you are living passionately you may find the desire to share it could have you ending up speaking to large groups of people as more and more of them want to hear about what you are up to. I recommend that you get some training in this so it is more effective.
6. It was recommended during the course to focus on one thing and surprisingly it will affect all the other areas as well. My friend Jeffrey Slayter says to Look where you are organised and that is where you will find your passion and purpose. Get organised and let your passion blossom.
7. In this time of advancing technology it is more and more possible to set up as an entrepreneur. Remember to choose passion not money as your driver.
8. Weapons of mass destruction, does this name scare you. Light your soul and petty items such as these do not stand a chance of overcoming the human spirit.
9. The Specials did a great song back in the day Free Nelson Mandela,The Specials. Thankfully they did and there are pages and pages of his eternal wisdom to be inspired by. He certainly didn’t settle for a life that was less. Are You?
10. Another way of saying passion is are you awake, the world needs people who are awake before we put the planet to sleep on a permanent basis.
11. I deliberately chose this image because it is hard to read the words the flower covers. They are beautifully and dream, powerful components in a life lived with passion.
12. In your face time, do not apologize for your life, passion is spelt and achieved very differently from being sorry for your life.
13. Affairs have a bad name. I did a retreat in 2013 where I married my self and took personal vows. I think this is one of the reasons so many marriages fail, because how can you keeps vows for another when you do not have any of your own. I have mine in my I phone and on my fridge door. Looking for someone to have an affair with, stop at the nearest mirror, there you go.
14. Passion on its own isn’t enough. Throw in some belief and faith, along with kick ass work and you have a chance to go all the way.
15. Over to Steve jobs for the final hurrah. Founder of Apple, one of the great innovators on the planet. What you do should be a matter of the heart, and you will know when you find it. here is a speech he made to the 2005 Stanford commencement class, Its inspirational Be Inspired.
Well, that’s my cut at living passionately, may you find it useful.
Namaste until next time my dear friends.
Dear Rod…….you are delightful & I love your words of inspiration!…..& the very fact you are reaching out to help others along this treacherous (at times) life journey with so much heart. Be well, be happy & be loved Margie H xxxx