Where I volunteer we did a project last year producing a book called My Journey, My Lucky Country about the stories of 11 mature age migrants and their journeys before and after they decided to settle in Australia. One of them commented that she found it hard with out any English when she first arrived but if you are determined that anything is possible. I had found my word for today’s blog, determination.
So lets take the journey down the path of determination:
1. Carl von Clausewitz -was a Prussian general and military theorist who stressed the “moral” (meaning, in modern terms, psychological) and political aspects of war.
He saw history as a vital check on erudite abstractions that did not accord with experience. In contrast to the early work of Antoine-Henri Jomini, he argued that war could not be quantified or reduced to mapwork, geometry, and graphs. Clausewitz had many aphorisms, of which the most famous is “War is the continuation of politics by other means.”
2. These are several of the attitudes that you need to live a determined life: Win.
3. There’s a famous saying that life is about learning, the day that you stop learning is the day that you die. It’s from a Tom Clancy novel. I agree but cannot admit to doing it all the time.
4. I am statements support you in the quality of life you lead. In our country there was a rock anthem: We can’t be Beaten.
5. When you wish upon a star it may happen or it may not, but if you commit that you will, it is all over.
6. There is only one song that could go with this quote from one of my animal totems: The Leader of the Pack – The Shangri-La’s.
7. From the worlds most famous philosopher Anon. comes advice when we can alter our future, Now!!
8. Self will is needed in this short quote about what it takes ti make stuff happen: Free.
9. Josie Spinardi is an American weight loss guru, who specialises in have people break their overeating habit helping people to create the life they can’t wait to wake up to.
10. I’ve got a couple of friends who always seem to sparkle whenever I see them, they say they work hard on being happy : Sparklers.
11. How many lucky people do you know, who seem predestined to success, then there is the rest of us who get there through grit and determination.
12. The worlds oldest rock and roll band, Who else could it be: Satisfaction.
13. To fulfil a project it must be an everyday occurrence, well planned out , and followed.
14. How we interpret a situation, as a mistake that ends all hope, or as an opportunity to learn helps work out how far we are likely to rise: We are the Champions.
15. Tsepiso Makhubedu has his or her own page of quotes in searchquotes but no autobiography. Perhaps they will be as famous as anon. one day. Be a rebel.
As Ruza said if you are determined anything is possible, how would your life be different if you lived your life that way?
Namaste until next time my dear friends.