How many years do you think you will live for? Most people I know assume 80 to 90 so don’t do the things on their bucket or dreams list straight away or plan when they are going to do it because they have years to go. This was interrupted for me when a friend of mine died of a massive heart attack sleeping on a couch a week ago, he was 50. He had a heart of gold and was well loved but he is dead so all the things he intended to do over his remaining 40 years were cancelled out.
Vision boards, dream lists etc. etc.. where do you keep yours? I have an end result list from a Create Your Destiny course I did recently, I keep it on my mirror so I see it every day, here it is:
- I choose the end result of being in a long term relationship in 2021.
- I choose the end result of contributing 25% of my income to good causes.
- I choose the end result of traveling overseas to interesting places yearly.
- I choose the end result of making $210,000 from my writing and research businesses yearly.
- I choose the end result of dancing at least 4 times a month.
- I choose the end result of having sex on a regular basis.
- I choose the end result of marrying my soulmate.
- I choose the end result of beginning a family.
- I chose the end result of weighing 84kg.
I am 66 so do not have as long as others, and given what happened to my friend, it may be shorter than I think. So what has society said about having dreams to fulfill in out lives, lets have a look:
1. But don’t take an inordinate amount of time!!!
2. It may look like a jungle, but it is still your path: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyDQs0ajxEc
3. You know that feeling, they are the ones to follow.
4. Fabienne’s key message —that each of us is here to serve the world in a BIG way and that as a result, we are handsomely rewarded for it —has changed thousands of lives around the globe. She fervently believes in the capacity for each and every one of us to become the full expression of our purpose here on earth, and to do so, we must take a no-excuses approach to growing within. For that to happen, Fabienne teaches her students and clients that any struggle on the outside is a reflection of the struggle on the inside, and once eliminated, that internal struggle gives way to all the abundance, financial and otherwise, that a person deserves and seeks :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7bjV0Q_44
5. Remember the fun you had playing chasey as a kid, same thing.
6. One small step at a time will get you there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWa5vE4MUpU
7. I like the dry humour of this quote.
8.Or dare to go forward, even: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKyWLAaStwM
9. And of course we have to have Oprah.
10. Your head talks you out of them , and your heart leads you back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0
11. The wise man who freed the world’s second biggest nation, don’t think hope had a lot to do with it.
12. Even rappers can give great advice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeSJ2YdhG5k
13. Take up the dare today.
14. Will your will let you fulfill them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKuzwPOefs
15. I had the goosebumps that fulfilled one of my end results recently, it didn’t work out.
So society talks about action not retirement to fulfill our dreams, over to you, whatever age you are. What may help you is my ethos for the planer, Love and Respect for All, Everybody included.
The playlist is filled with old tunes today. Back to the1970’s for Credence Clearwater Revival then forward to the present for Hoziier. Whitney is next with the Proclaimers following. Staying in the 80’s with Roxette, The penultimate number is L L Cool J and Jennifer Lopez and we complete with a classic from the 70’s by Gary Wright: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrsrXczwxxd_AHeblbTDISNK
Until we meet again, my dear friends.