I recently created a vision for 2017. In it, I used the three questions Vishen Lakhiani suggests in his excellent book The Code of the Extraordinary Mind. They were What do you want to experience? How do you want to Grow? and How do you want to contribute?
It was an exercise for the last week of the Activation Program. If you are a regular reader you will know I have committed to a 2-year training program with Arion Light, the convenor of the school. Here’s the link to it so you can learn a little as to why I did this: Activation School link.
Vishen talked about end goals in life, goals that follow our heart, excite and inspire us, and put our ultimate target in our sights, our calling.
What does society say about our callings, let’s have a look:
1. How do people rise above their societal upbringings, I think belief in the statement above may have something to do with it.
2. How could I not include Oprah Winfrey, here is her gift to you about your calling: Your Calling.
3. When you find your calling, you are fully steeped in your essence and definitely, don’t need to do this.
4. Your job is to wake up your internal alarm clock: Wide Awake.
5. The man who invented the term bliss in his iconic book The Heroes Journey. It describes finding your calling pretty well.
6. Passion, turn to the left. Passion turn to the right. Follow them, they are your calling: Passion.
7. Lissa Rankin M.D. is one of the top ten people I follow on Facebook. I have read all her books, there are three of them, my favorite is the Fear Cure, check it out on this link: The Fear Cure.
8. If you find your calling, you are ecstatically happy, it rubs off: Raise Your Glass.
9. I believe in this statement. The elevator speech, mine is Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included.
10. It doesn’t have to be Jesus if people believe in your calling, this is all they need to do: One step at a Time.
11. I have taken part in a developmental process called Catalyst. In it, they get you to look back at your past and thank it for its contribution and then say goodbye to it because it is not where you are in life now.
12. Most of the time as I was growing up I did not even notice I was breathing. It was these moments that pointed me towards my calling: Every Breath You Take.
13. A baseball outfielder for the Baltimore Orioles. He is known for his quotes more than his baseball career.
14. They say, Love, what you do and you will never work another day in your life. Hooray, you have found your calling: Hold up.
15. last night we were doing an exercise and had odd numbers, so someone had to use the mirror. That person was doing this, thank you Rumi.
Have you answered or do the same things keep calling you? Listen or they will get louder and louder.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
Can’t wait to hear about your vision for 2017! See you in the new year. Love from ruth x