Been going through a really interesting process lately through two courses I am doing, Kundalini Dance for the second time : The Chakra Cleansing Journey and Creative Mastery for the fourth time : Living from Your Essence. I do them on a Sunday and Monday Nights, so after such a deep immersion a lot of stuff has been coming up.
I was raised in a family where such things as hugs and showing your emotions were verboten. So when I was sitting there Tuesday morning writing my Facebook birthday cards to my Facebook gods and goddesses of possibility, I call them that as we battle the negativity spread by others – I send a friend application to anyone who has a 100 mutual friends, its obvious we have been friends at another time just having not met on the physical plain this time in a lot of cases.
I have over 3,000 in my army and I was writing one to a friend from the conscious dance scene who is around the same age as me, I am 61. I was relating my transition to being an elder when I burst out crying for a solid half an hour. This is not something the well trained , in Control Rod Williams does. I got in touch with how I rip people off in not accepting the love they show me and the self love I often do not show myself.
So I did a process from Creative Mastery where you locate the Source of the decision that you have made that would allow this to control your actions so long after it occurred, Its called Renewal and its intention is to accept what happened and create another possibility from it after diving into it and for me to stop making it wrong which was giving it its power over me. I came up with the Essence of Blissful Love, we will see what happens.
I recognised that delving into Self Love would be useful,so I have chosen 15 quotes from that arena and yes, Oprah makes an appearance. here we go –
1. It takes courage to not listen to the negative messages that society puts out that there is a certain way you should be and you need this and that to achieve that state. Listen to your heart when this happens. It is the best judge of what you need to truly experience Self Love.
2. Self does not mean selfish. It means to look within for these three most valuable things. My friend Lissa Rankin calls it Your Inner Pilot Light : Listen to your Gut, it knows you Best.
3. We often define the world Love as being Lovey-Dovey in its context. Steve Maraboli, credited as the most quoted person on Earth, takes a different bent on it. Don’t buy into your own crap, thats self destruction not Self Love.
4. Zig Zaglar was an American author and motivational speaker who believed that if you did not include self love as one of the following tenets – The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty, you were dooming yourself to failure.
5. A simple message to tell yourself on waking. I’ve added it to my altar.
6. What food do you feed yourself to empower you on a day to day basis. Here’s a variety that will add lots of vitality to your overall health – Yes, Self Love is a superfood.
7. Back to the heart, the space that Self Love resides in. Not your image in the mirror or that thought in your head, they often leave you wondering , not filled with wonder as the heart does.
8. Dodinsky is the author of the NY Times bestselling book IN THE GARDEN OF THOUGHTS.
His intent was simply to share his reflections about life in order to help heal the wounds inflicted by life’s troubles. At the time, the man known by his readers as Dodinsky had no idea that within months of starting his blog In The Garden of Thoughts, thousands of readers would find healing through the modest words he planted.
9. To survive in life we need at least the bare necessities, do you include Self Love as one of them, At times I didn’t and ended up in Pysch Units five times.
10. MAC ANDERSON is the founder of Simple Truths and Successories, Inc., the leader in designing and marketing products for motivation and recognition.. My Self Love and Love of Music really, really like this quote of his.
11. Its not having your ego take control when you free yourself of certain people and situations in your life that no longer fit in. According to Charlie Chaplin back in 1929, its knowing what Love of Oneself is.
12. Here’s Oprah, she was in Melbourne last night, My friends Emeli and Alice went and said that took copious notes and it was fantastic. Oprah points to the value of Self Love. That if you do you don’t have to second guess your thoughts time and time again.
13. Brenna Smith, founder of SheNOW,is creating a community for women who want to focus on their own adventures and lives first. She wants them to use their twenties to help create a better, more successful, and healthier future version of themselves, whether they get married down the road or not. She sees Self Love as being the decisions you make today being ones that help you be the person you want to become tomorrow.
14. Authenticity, another way of saying Self Love takes you a lot quicker down the path of fulfilling the dreams that sleep within your soul.
15. Sometime images say more than a thousand words. This beautiful image of creating the heart shape with our hands doesn’t need the words Self Love written on it.
It will be an interesting journey creating the Essence of Blissful Love. Writing this expose on Self Love has helped me understand what is required a lot more.
Namaste until next Monday my dear friends.