Do you see animals in your dreams, and in your daily life them seem to be following you around on billboards, in movies and in actual physical form. These are the spirit guides that have been sent to travel with you in this lifetime.
A spirit animal is characterized by a personal relationship to the individual that it is associated with. You can have one or several spirit animals throughout your life, during a specific phase of your life, or at specific occasions.
It is that connection at the individual level that differentiates the power animal from the animal totem that tends to symbolize a group or person’s identity. As such, power animals are the equivalent of animal spirit guides or spirit animals.
Your spirit animal often represents qualities and attributes that you may see in yourself. It is instructive to learn about the habits and characteristics of your power animal and see how they are reflected in your own personality and life.
I recently attended a retreat where I went through a process that introduced the Eagle, then the Horse and finally the Wolf as my spirit guides.
Here are my 15 favorite saying and quotes on the matter :
1. Pythagoras is best known for his maths, but was also one of ancient Greece’s leading philosophers. What about those animals we meet and it feels like we have known them forever, our souls are meeting
2. I used to live in a town called Eaglehawk North where you could see flocks of Eagles in flight, they were magnificent, they are the only bird who flies above a storm to seek protection.
3. Each animal through its actions have lessons to teach us. Here are the lessons you could learn from a Humming bird. Such a wise little bird.
4. Sometimes we wander out with seemingly little protection, don’t worry, nature and our spirit guides have got their eyes open and are watching our every move.
5. Had to include the Cat or my sister’s moggie Lhasa wouldn’t let me in their house next time I visit. This is a very worthwhile list of pastimes for the regal cat family to pass on.
6. They say our totems appear at the times we most need them, like when we are putting ourselves in danger, or when it is time to move on to the next part of our lives. To help us keep it real.
7. As adults we wonder why our children talk to the animals. Chief Dan George of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation, a Coast Salish band whose Indian reserve is located on Burrard Inlet in the southeast area of the District of North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada stated that we fear creatures because we do not listen to them or talk to them anymore.
8. Each tradition has animal worship included in it, from the cat gods of ancient Egypt to the naming of Sports team in modern society the love affair with their powers has gone on for eternity.
9. Have you ever felt those big black crows are watching you a little more than necessary. Perhaps they brought you back to make up for those things you stuffed up last visit. Show them some respect.
10 Chief Seattle was prominent in the 1800’s for establishing links between his people and the Whites. He is famous for a speech on how humans affected the environment. here’s a link to it Chief Seattles speech, he said that we were interconnected with all creatures of the land.
11. The love we show to our animals, trains us in love for each other, recently a friend of mine organized a dance party to raise funds for her very sick cat, Kevin. We all attended because the love that was generated at the event was amazing in, the love for an animal taught us love for each other.
12. What creatures in Nature provide us , wonder and the chance to Soar.
13. We have all seen those posters of the forest with quotes like one week in nature heals the damage one year in the city does. it connects us with the spirit world and the potent healing power of our planet.
14. I used to live in a place near a river where mice ran through like they owned the place and stared at us like How rude we were being on their property. They especially loved it in winter when we lit the fire. Mice teach you to dance through life.
15. At that retreat I did back in 2013 where the Wolf showed up I shed a lot of stuff and took a lot on, becoming an Elder was one of them. The Wolf guards your self-esteem and integrity, useful traits to have.
Well that’s my take on the power and wisdom that Totems provide you. Namaste until to next time my friends