It’s been a while, must have been time for a break.
Covid, Lockdown – what did you do over the lock-down period, are you still in lock-down? In Melbourne, Australia, my home town we are lucky enough to have come out of lock-down a couple of months ago. My lock-down looked like 2 months in a psychiatric unit after a couple of months of mental health breakdown, then a beautiful affair, then several months of having one person be able to visit me. It was quite a long period of time.
in the two months or so since we have been allowed to amble out to eat with each other, dance with each other, People seem to be more honest in as to how they are truly feeling. Two conversations I had over the last weekend are great examples of this. I make chai at a dance called Mojo – The Dance of Connection and was sitting in the kitchen area when a German friend of mine sat down next to me so I did the polite thing and asked her how she was going, the conversation finished half an hour later as she told me of her sadness at having been retrenched from her university due to the lack of the funding from the International student market and that she would be going home when the air routes reopened.
The second conversation was with the women I consider has the most beautiful heart in our conscious community. She asked me how I had been, and I decided not to answer fine and told her my Lockdown story, which gave her space to tell me how she had been on a extremely deep journey of suffering bouts of anxiety herself. I felt honoured that she had told me and it just had not been a I’m Fine.
So what have the bards said about communication over the centuries, lets have a look:
1. It may be a lot of words, or it may be total silence.
2. Eckhart says Love is all you need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b0_hzeqeoc
3. Pretty basic formulae between life and death.
4. If it remains inside, it can still cause those scars to cause harm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0cBhdvXfJA
5. This is the way you find out who fits in yours.
6. I assume you…not the answer you are looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBU1_4CZJLM
7. Paulo Friere is a Brazilian educator whose book Pedagogy of the Oppressed is the third most cited book in the Social Sciences.
8. How many of these do you have in your life?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHBT7wjqVI
9. Or maybe the Yellow Brick Road.
10. Have you ever looked across a room and suddenly felt your primal urges surge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOIS5taqA8
11. Something I battle with , the urge to reply not listen to what is being said.
12. Great question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3By4DZyTNM
14. I’m learning about the three hearts – The Mind , The heart, and the gut: I imagine that’s what this is talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HOfcYWZoo
15. Pilot and Author, Anne Lindbergh went from fascism to the green movement over her lifetime.
There is also the need to communicate to yourself fully, here are some ways to do that:
- Wash your hands and face.
- Change your socks.
- Call a close friend.
- Go outdoors.
- Take a light exercise break.
- Dress to feel your best.
- Listen to your favourite music.
- Take a few, deep controlled breaths
- Clear your stuffed nose.
- Cook a good meal.
- Walk away from energy vampires.
- Complete an important piece of unfinished business.
- Work on something that is meaningful for you.
- Assist someone in need.
- Think about your latest (or greatest) success.
- Act like today is already an awesome day.
- Notice what’s right.
- Take a moment to acknowledge how far you have come.
If you are truly communicating with yourself it makes it easier to do it with others, make yourself the promise that you will be honest in as many situations as you can, remember practice makes perfect.
Today’s playlist covers many aspects of communication, ending up in Love. We begin with The Beatles then move to the New Age of Shaina Noll. My new discovery is next: Grace Vanderwaal. What would communication be without Dionne and her Friends. Back a few years to Kim Carnes. The penultimate track is from Disturbed and we end with Celine Dion: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrvDOtC5ps0iS5cd3Z890nVy
My ethos of communication is Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included, I have created two Facebook Groups to spread it around the world. The first is Thriving People – People who wish to make a difference to Humanity: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949 and Interculturalism: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Interulturalism. You can join either group by clicking on the links.
Until we meet again, my dear friends.